Visa, is a conditional authorization clearance granted by territory to legally enable foreigners into their Country. It comes in different categories depending on the purpose of use.
Visas typically may include limits on the duration of the foreigner, areas within the country they can visit, the dates to visit, the number of permitted visits or an individual’s right to work in the country in question.
The amount charged for a visa from Ghana to South Africa is 136 Ghana Cedis and a ridiculous Visa Facilitation Service (VFS) Service Charge of 315 Ghana Cedis.
Note: These fees are increased regularly.
Is South Africa Visa Free for Ghanaians?
In July 2019, there was a bilateral agreement for a waiver of Visa requirement for Ghanaians who want to travel to South Africa.
However, this development is yet to be formalized. When formalized, Ghanaian citizens will no longer need a visa to make any trip to South Africa, this is in a bid to boost tourism to the country.
Is Ghana Passport Visa Free to South Africans?
Currently no, any South African Nationale who wants to visit Ghana, must have a visa.
How do I apply for a South Africa visa from Ghana/Requirements?
Ghana just like other nations of the world has a formal procedure of obtaining a valid visa.
To apply and get a South Africa Valid Travel Visa from Ghana, here are the steps to guide you.
Good news is you can as well a south African visa on arrival
- Firstly, locate South Africa’s Embassy in Ghana. directions
- Fill the application form BI-84 in black ink only.
- Submit Two (2) recent passport size photographs.
- Submit a Self-introduction letter with a physical address and phone number.
- Submit an introduction letter from an employer, signed with contact details (physical address and landline/mobile numbers).
- A valid passport (validity of at least 30 days after the intended stay).
- Submit a copy of the Passport data page as well as copies of existing visas and previously issued visas.
- Present a verifiable hotel reservation/booking arrangement.
- Submit a copy of the vaccination certificate (Yellow fever card) duly completed by a hospital/doctor.
- Show proof of financial status (six (6) months bank statements) or financial support letter from employer with six (6) months bank statements.
- Present your birth certificate and letter of consent from parents for minors/children traveling.
- Present Marriage Certificate where applicable and if the intended stay will be for more than 90 days.
- Show a verifiable flight booking.
- Payment of Non-refundable Visa Fee and Non-refundable service fee.