The average dream of every Nigerian is to travel abroad and see for themselves a society where everything is working and to plug in to become prosperous. So every month, we have large numbers of Nigerians trooping to one embassy or the other in a bid to get their visa application approved for their choice of destination.
But before getting to this stage you have to first of all process your International Passport.
International Passport, pages and Prices
The cost of the Nigeria International Passport for the new 64-page passport is N70,000 with a 10 years validity period and N35,000 for five years.
However, applicants for the new 32-page passport with a five year validity period costs N25,000 at the Nigerian immigration service office this year 2020.
International Passport price (government charges) is the same anywhere in Nigeria but if you are processing through an agent, you will spend more than the approved charges.
How much is an international passport in Nigeria is one of the most popular questions asked. The answer is simple the official price remains N70,000 for 64-page 10 years validity period and N35,000 for five years.
Meanwhile, 32-page passport with a five year validity period costs N25,000
- How Much Is A 10 year Passport
10 years validity passport in Nigeria cost N80,000 to process officially. The cost can be more than that if you hire the services of an agent.
Types of International Passport In Nigeria
There are three basic types of Nigerian passport, issued to three classes of citizens, namely,
- standard passport (green cover) for ordinary citizens;
- official passport (blue cover) for various state officials and diplomatic
- passport (red cover) for diplomats and top state officials.
How Long Does It Take To Get An International Passport In Nigeria?
In Nigeria, an International passport application takes around 48 hours to process after your biometric data has been captured.
But in some cases, it has been known to take up to a month to process, so make sure you apply well in advance.
Places To Get The International Passport In Nigeria
You can get your international passport in all designated immigration offices in Nigeria such as:
- Immigration Office Gwagwalada Passport office in Nigeria.
- Address: Gwagwalada-Dukwa Rd, Gwagwalada
- NIS Passport Office Passport office in Lagos.
- Address: 21 3rd Avenue, A Cl, Festac Town, Lagos
- Alausa Passport Office
- Address: 5 Assbifi Rd, Agidingbi, Ikeja
- Nigerian Immigration Office Immigration & naturalization service in Enugu
- Address: Independence Layout, Enugu
- Nigeria Immigration Service Government office in Lagos
- Address: Ikoyi Rd, Dolphine Estate, Lagos
- Nigerian Immigration Service Lagos Immigration & naturalization service in Lagos
- Address: Alagbon Cl, Ikoyi, Lagos.
Note: Each state has its own assigned designated points but the major places are the ones listed above.
How To Get International Passport In Ibadan?
If you are in Ibadan, just go to Agodi Gate Area in Ibadan.
How Much is International Passport In Akure?
The price of international passport in Akure is the same with the approved federal government charges except you are getting if from an agent which will attract additional costs
Passport Office Warri?
Passport Office in Warri is located at Edjeba, Warri.
Festac Passport Office?
Festac Passport Office is located at 21 3rd Avenue, A Cl, Festac Town, Lagos.
Passport Office Akure?
Ondo Passport Office Federal Secretariat Complex, Akure
Alausa Passport Office, Ikeja
Alausa Passport Office is located at number 5 Assbifi Rd, Agidingbi, Ikeja.
Under normal circumstances every applicant must appear for acquisition, Nigeria’s electronic passport cannot be obtained by the proxy.
A person on sick-bed or live-support is expected to be carried to the passport office for acquisition, no exception.
Note: No Nigeria passport office open on weekends, Their opening days are Monday to Friday.