The current demand for making a facemask in Africa has made it a huge business for any potential investor, due to the outbreak of corona-virus.
Despite supplies from China, and donations made by philanthropists (ex Jack ma ) it’s still not sufficient as the government is asking textile industries in Nigeria, Ghana, Rwanda, South Africa to mass-produce facemask with their local fabrics.
So if you are interested in mass producing them, be rest assured you have the market, and the profit is huge.
Note: Homemade face masks are not meant to replace medical surgical masks reserved for medical workers, but can be used by the general public as protectives most especially if there is an outbreak of an infectious disease.
The following simple steps will guide you on how to make an outstanding facemasks
You can use a handkerchief, cut-up T-shirt or dish towel and the recommended size is 18 inches by 18 inches.
Besides, you will need hair ties, ribbon or cut-up tights or pantyhose… anything that can wrap comfortably behind the ears.
Here is the simple steps:
- Lay the cloth flat on a smooth surface.
- Fold the top to the center of the cloth.
- Fold the bottom to the center, to meet the top.
- Flip the cloth over.
- Fold the top to the center.
- Fold the bottom to the center.
- Flip over.
- Thread the ends of the folded cloth through the ties.
- Fold the ends of the cloth in to meet in the middle.
- Flip it over, and you have a face mask that you can reuse and wash.