The West African Examinations Council, WAEC, established by law in 1952, was mandated to determine the examinations required in public interests of English-speaking West African countries.
Every year since its inception, candidates always go through the process of purchasing a form/pin in a bid to get enrolled for the examinations and to check the result when it is out.
The price for WAEC form varies each year. As for this year, 2020, WAEC Registration fee goes for N13,950 ($38.30) with an additional fee of N500 as bank charges in Nigeria.
WAEC registration comes with an information VCD plate.
How to Retrieve WAEC Scratch Card Pin
The WAEC Scratch Card Pin is a 10 digit or 12 digit number required to access your result when it is officially released by the body.
The Pin, primarily generated by WAEC can be purchased online or through major commercial banks in Nigeria.
Unfortunately, when misplaced, you will be asked to purchase another one and it will cost you N900, although officially it is N700. The card can be used five times to access WAEC Result.
How To Retrieve WAEC Examination Number
For those who misplaced their examination number and feeling so sad right now, having a headache, don’t know what to do…this is how to retrieve it.
- Visit the school where you took your WAEC examination.
- Inform the school management that you have forgotten your examination number.
- Pay some token if necessary.
- The school will search for your details in their register, and you will get back your WAEC examination number.
How to Buy WAEC Scratch Card Online
WAEC electronic pin (scratch card) can be purchased online via Remita, Quickteller, Opay, etc. Just log in, select the option and follow the prompt appropriately. It is easy and so simple.
How to Check WAEC Result using Phone
Checking of WAEC Result has been made easy due to advancement in technology, meaning at the comfort of your home as WAEC candidate, you can easily check your WAEC result using your Smartphone.
Here is what to do via SMS:
Type: WAEC*ExamNo*PIN*ExamYear. To short-code 32327 (MTN, Airtel & Glo subscribers).
WAEC*4250101001*123456789012*2007 to 32327. Wait for your result to be delivered to your phone via SMS. (SMS Cost N30 Only).
Also, using your mobile phone connected to the internet,
Log on to www.waecdirect.org
- Enter your 10-digit WAEC Examination Number.
(This is your 7-Digit center number followed by your 3-digit candidate number eg. 4123456789).
- Enter the 4 digits of your Examination Year eg. 2002
- Select the Type of Examination
- Enter the Card Serial Number found on the reverse side of your Scratch card.
- Enter the Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your Scratch card
- Click Submit and wait for the results window to come up.
How to Check WAEC Result Without Scratch Card
It is impossible to check your WAEC result without using a WAEC scratch card pin.
Every available option requires you to input WAEC scratch card pin before you can access your result.